Sexual Health Clinics
At Llwynhendy Health Centre we offer sexual health clinics, for both men and women. The nurses and doctors are specially trained in sexual health and contraception and our aim is to deal with everyone in a friendly, non-judgemental and sensitive way.
We hold regular Specialist Nurse led clinics focussing on the following:
- Contraceptive Councelling
- Sexual Health Advice
- Basic infection screening
- Cervical screening (smear clinics)
- Contraceptive Implant Clinics (with female GP)
Emergency Contraception is available free of charge to women of any age from Llwynhendy Health Centre (appointment required) but is also available free of charge from the following local Pharmacies:
- Gravell's Pharmacy, Thomas Street, Llanelli
- Gravell's Pharmacy, Llangennech
- Tesco Pharmacy, Llanelli
- Boots Chemist, Llanelli
- Superdrug, Llanelli
- Co-Op Pharmacy Vauxhall, Llanelli
- Co-Op Pharmacy Llwynhendy, Llanelli
- Co-Op Pharmacy Station Road, Llanelli
- Dafen Pharmacy, Dafen, Llanelli
Women with an unplanned pregnancy who wish advice about considering abortion may seek help from a GP at the Practice and this is recommended as early as possible. Please contact the practice and arrange an appointment on the day.
Elizabeth Williams Clinic, Mill Lane, Llanelli SA15 3SE (01267 248674) is our local clinic also offering Sexual Health Services. The clinic offers a walk-in service Monday and Wednesday mornings 9:30-11:00am for GUM clinic, Wednesday 2:00pm-4:00pm for Family Planning Clinic, and Thursday evenings 5:00pm-7:30pm for Family Planning Clinic. Free condoms are also available from the clinic.